Art Along the Trail
The City of Clive, Clive Chamber of Commerce in conjunction with the Clive Public Arts Commission will host a dedication for 2016 Art Along the Trail Program Thursday, May 19. The event will be hosted at 515 Brewing Company at 7700 University in Clive beginning at 5:00pm.
A ceremony will take place at 5:30pm just next to the Brewery at the artwork of Hilde DeBruyne. Her piece entitled “Metamorphosis” is just one of nine artworks that are part of the temporary exhibit. Please RSVP at www.clivechamber.org.
More information can be found on the City of Clive web site or maps are available at the Clive Public Library and City Hall.
First Ever Food Truck Event at Campbell Park
The Clive Parks and Recreation will present their first ever Food Truck Fridays on May 13 and 20. The event will be held at Campbell Park which is located at 12385 Woodlands Parkway at begin at 5:30pm. The Campbell Park concession stand will also be open and have beer for sale.
The free event will feature food trucks along with music. May 13th Flipside will provide music, and on May 20th Brad Seidenfeld will provide entertainment.
This is a pilot program for 2016 that will measure interest in the event. If the events are successful the series could be expanded in 2017.
Campbell Park is conveniently located just off the Clive Greenbelt Trail, so hop on your bikes and ride over for a fun time in the park! For more information please call Clive Parks and Recreation at 223-5246.
Waukee 4th of July Fun Run
Waukee Boy Scout Troop 178 is hosting the 4th of July Fun Run on Monday, July 4, 2016. This will include a 5K Fun Run & 1 Mile Kids Run.
Registration cost prior to July 1 is as follows: 1 Mile Kids Run $10; 5K Fun Run $25
Registration cost on July 1 or later is as follows: 1 Mile Kids Run $15; 5K Fun Run $35
Register online at http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=12886 or download a print version of the registration form at waukeetroop178.com.
Packet pick-up will be on Saturday, July 2 from 3-5 p.m. at the Running Room, 6305 Mills Civic Parkway in West Des Moines.
All registered participants will receive a 4th of July Fun Run technical T-shirt.
The race starts and finishes at Waukee North Middle School, 905 Warrior Lane in Waukee. The race starts at 8 a.m.
This annual Fun Run is the only fundraiser for Boy Scout Troop 178.
- Hoyt Sherman Place Completes “For The Love Of Art” Restoration and Conservation Campaign - 5/24/2016
- Polk City Mayor Jason Morse announces the appointment ofTrace Kendig as the next Police Chief for Polk City - 5/24/2016
- 2016 Iowa Blues Challenge - 5/23/2016
- ZENITH CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL RETURNS TO DES MOINES AUG. 16-20 - 5/23/2016
- How Does A Garden Grow? - 5/23/2016
- The Winterset Stage is seeking actresses and musicians! - 5/23/2016
- Belin Quartet Kicks off FREE Summer Concert Series on Friday - 5/23/2016
- Dallas County Hospital Welcomes News Visiting Specialists - 5/20/2016
- > Urbandale Chamber of Commerce Recognized in Washington D.C. for 5-Star Accreditation - 5/12/2016
Read More →
- Alice (Brice) Bechtel Lowe of Ames
- Suzanne Conyers of Des Moines
- Lenora Lynn Grayson of West Des Moines
- Harold “Sonny” Hagaman Jr. of Boone
- Wayne E. Rouse MD of Boone
- Vernon Atteberry of Des Moines
- Janet Nissly of Johnston
- Hilda “Dee” Sammon of Waukee
View More →