Ticket prices: $17, $24, $34, $52.
Friday – 7 p.m.; Saturday – 11:30 a.m.; Saturday – 3:30 p.m.; Sunday – 11:30 a.m.; Sunday – 3:30 p.m.
The party starts at Ringling Bros.® Presents “Built To Amaze!” with the All Access Pre-show an hour before show time, where everyone is invited to join the fun on the arena floor and meet the international cast of performers.
Event starts at 3 p.m. on Saturday and ends at 7 a.m. on Sunday.
Sleep under the stars so kids can reach them! Register for Iowa Homeless Youth Center’s 10th Annual Reggie’s Sleepout, and help homeless youth in Central Iowa.
Many galleries will be open from 5-9 p.m. featuring new artwork by regional, national, and international artists. This event is free and open to the public. In addition to the galleries, many other Valley Junction shops and restaurants are open extended hours for the event.
Enjoy live music, beer and gourmet food. Bands and beer sales start at 3 p.m. Make sure you vote for the best food truck in Des Moines. What more could you ask for? You’ll see more trucks, you’ll have more great food, and you’ll have a lot more fun. Exercise your right to vote for the best food truck in Des Moines. See ya there!
For tickets, call 564-8700 or visit IowaWild.com. 7-10 p.m.
The Iowa Wild begin its third season at Wells Fargo Arena as the American League (AHL) affiliate of the NHL’s Minnesota Wild.
Experience the IMT Des Moines Marathon family of races. Kick-off event starts Friday the 16th at 3 p.m. Races start on Saturday the 17th with the Principal Financial Group 5K Road Race at 8 a.m. The post-race party is on Sunday the 18th at el Bait Shop from 2-5 p.m.
21-plus. $25-35. Doors: 8 p.m. Show: 9 p.m.
Leon Russell is a music legend and perhaps the most accomplished and versatile musician in the history of rock ‘n’ roll. In his distinguished and unique 50-year career, he has played on, arranged, written and/or produced some of the best records in popular music.
$2/person at festival grounds. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Help us celebrate the 46th annual Madison County Covered Bridge Festival. It’s all about that bridge! Which bridge do YOU love the most?
Thursday: 3-9 p.m., Friday-Saturday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday and Monday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Run by more than 600 volunteers, the Planned Parenthood Book Sale is celebrating 55 years and is known to be one of the largest book sales in the country! Shop hundreds of thousands of new and used books, CDs, DVDs, puzzles, games and more!
- Campustown Action Association Welcomes New Executive Director - 10/9/2015
- 9th annual 80/35 music festival set for July 8-9, 2016 - 10/8/2015
- Fall Band Concert Features Pieces by Barber, Shostakovich - 10/8/2015
- “Lost Schools” to Premiere on Statewide Iowa Public Television - 10/8/2015
- Selwyn Birchwood appearing at Lefty’s on Sunday, November 1 - 10/7/2015
- 8th Grade Ram Football – Greene County - 10/7/2015
- Preschool Story Time Engages Children about Fire Safety in Pleasant Hill - 10/7/2015
- Local Businesses Honored for Economic Impact and Best Practices - 10/7/2015
- Minnesota Wild Assigns Forward Jordan Schroeder to Iowa - 10/7/2015
Read More →