The Altoona Chamber of Commerce is off to a great start in 2014. We want you to be a part of all that we have to offer this year.
Join us for some fun, to meet new people and the opportunity to grow your business. Getting your 2014 dues paid will ensure you will have access to the many opportunities that can get you and your business recognized. The Chamber’s calendar is a complete listing of our events for the year that you can participate in — visit www.altoonachamber.org as well as our Facebook page.
• March 1: Legislative Coffee at Hy-Vee Club Room, 10 a.m.
• March 4 and 18: Join us for Noon Networking at Pizza Ranch at 11:45 a.m. It’s a great way to meet new people and add some business to business connections.
• March 7: Altoona Area Young Professionals Annual Bar Crawl. It’s $20 to ride the bus, and a portion of the proceeds will go to the “We Heart Terri” group. Terri Friday is a local young mom and wife in need of a heart transplant. You should definitely join us for a good time and a good cause.
• April 24: Business 101: Linked In. “How To Make Your Connections Work For You” with Eric Nelson of Des Moines Register Media
• April 30: President’s Club Luncheon at Toad Valley Golf Course. This is a new event.
A big thank you to everyone who attended the annual dinner at Adventureland Inn on Feb. 8. We had a record number of attendees at the dinner this year. It was a fantastic evening filled with great entertainment, food and fellowship. Thank you to Jordan Beem, a recent Southeast Polk graduate for providing tremendous music during the dinner.
Gary Palmer of Prairie Meadows and a recent membership luncheon speaker once said “Your community is only as good as you are.” This quote has really stuck with me. I think that can be said for a lot of things. Not only your community, but your Chamber and your business as well. It is about the effort you put into it that will make the difference. My challenge to you this year is to stay involved and stay connected. Together we can make this community and Chamber better than ever.