Many activities are available for children this fall at the Adel Public Library.
Preschool Story Time (Mondays), Toddler Time (Tuesdays) and Preschool Music Time (Thursdays) have begun — all at 10:30 a.m. Note that there will be no story time on Tuesday, Oct. 16.
The following activities will be held at 2 p.m. for school-age children to accommodate early out days from Adel-DeSoto-Minburn schools. No need to sign up: just come and have fun.
• Oct. 10: Piggy & Elephant Party
• Oct. 23: Movie: “Spooky Buddies”
• Nov. 7 – Thanksgiving Craft
Teen Read Week
October 14 – 20 is Teen Read Week. This is a great time to check out some amazing YA and teen books from the library. Teens who get caught reading in the library during Teen Read Week will get a special treat. Teens, grades 6 – 12, will meet with Laura Hanson, youth director, on Monday, Oct. 15 for an activity to be announced.
Programs for adults
Adults will have many activities to choose from as well. Virginia Berger will present “Quilt Talk” on Thursday, Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m. in the library community room. Have you ever wondered about an old quilt? Bring one that night and visit with Virginia about it.
Learn about tax deductions
Bart Banwart, Adel accountant, will give a program entitled “Tax Nuggets: What you Can and Can’t Deduct” Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the community room.
Annual book sale is Oct. 26
The annual Friends of the Library Book Sale will be held on Friday, Oct. 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. until noon in the community room. Shop the monthly garage sale as well. Proceeds from these two events will benefit library projects.
Monthly adult programs are as follows:
• Scrapbooking on Fridays, Oct. 5 and Nov. 2 at 6 p.m.
• Exercise three times a week from 9 – 9:30 a.m. No charge. Pick up a schedule at the front desk.
• New Book Club. Movie/Book Club meets Monday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m. to discuss “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen. Then meet on Monday, Nov. 5 at 6:30 p.m. to watch the movie.
• Brown Bag Book Club. Second Thursday of each month at noon. Bring a sack lunch.
• Evening Book Club. Last Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. All books for book clubs are available at the front desk.
303 S. 10th St. • 993-3512
Hours: Mon. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tues. – Thur. 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Fri.: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat.: 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.