The school year is well underway and we have had a great start in all of our buildings. We have so many things to celebrate about our schools and here are a few things we can brag about:
- Current enrollment numbers at Clear Creek are at 675 and our preschool expansion for four year olds is now at 78 students (increase of 24 students compared to last year at this time). Our total enrollment is holding steady this year — two years in a row!
- High School first grading period stats: All A’s = 37 students; A/B’s = 157 students. That is almost 1/2 of the student body at Clear Lake High School!
- Of the 68 students who took the ACT last year 88% of these students meet or exceed the college readiness standard on this assessment!
- 109 students at the high school are enrolled in Post Secondary Enrollment Opportunities either through on-line course work or on campus at North Iowa Community College. Students are earning college and high school credit in our schools!
- Teachers at all three buildings are engaged in professional learning in Authentic Intellectual Work (AIW) during our early dismissals to raise the levels of learning and thinking for students K-12.
- MS staff and students are reinvigorating the Restitution process at this level. Positive signs already indicate that when students have been sent out of class for disciplinary matters that the process has been successful in getting them back on track and back in class within 15 minutes. More learning time for all!
Thank you for celebrating our schools, our students, our staff and making this community thrive!