As we enter into the new year, most of us are exhausted and trying to bounce back from all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays. However, there still is a need to keep households going and put food on the table.
These chicken and noodles have become a family favorite and quickly became a “cook’s choice” meal at our house. They’re hearty and warming, they’re delicious, and they’re easy. So easy that sometimes I feel like I’m cheating because I didn’t start with a whole chicken. Comfort food at its best.
This is also a great go-to recipe when you need something for a fall and winter potluck gathering.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces of your favorite egg noodles (homemade or pre-packaged)
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. If they are extremely thick, you can use two and cut them in half.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the noodles, stir to mix and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Stir in the noodles and cook an additional hour.
You can easily adjust the amount of broth and/or noodles toward the end of the cooking time depending on your preference of consistency