A: Allergy season is here again! 1 in 4 kids have allergies and for those families that are suffering, it can be miserable! 2 million school days are lost because of allergy symptoms. Even when attending school, the child may be limited in their physical activities and/or concentration due to allergies.
The good news is that safe and effective natural options exist! Holistic approaches can help to address not only the symptoms but the underlying susceptibility to allergic reactions as well.
Here you’ll find some of our favorite recommendations for allergy sufferers.
- Diet — Removal of wheat, dairy, artificial coloring and high fructose corn syrup
- Stabilize blood sugar – balance out protein and carbohydrates, especially in the mornings
- Herbs –Echinacea, Nettles
- Essential oils – roman chamomile, lavender, geranium, tea tree, lemon
- Lymphatic massage (see demo video on YFC’s Facebook page), 6 drops into bathtub, 2 drops into lotion, use in a diffuser
- Multi-Vitamin, Multi-Mineral
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Water/ hydration, warm fluids/teas
- Neti pot – non-iodized salt
- Yoga postures, stretching
- Chiropractic Care!
How does Chiropractic care help allergies? By releasing stress on the nervous system, chiropractic permits the immune system to function more effectively – something all allergy sufferers need! With Chiropractic care, your body will work more effectively to neutralize the allergy-causing chemicals in your environment. For more information, call 278-YOST, visit us online ://www.yostfamilychiropractic.com/ or be a fan of YFC on Facebook.com.
Information provided by Dr. Heather Yost, DACCP, Yost Family Chiropractic, 3993 100th St., Urbandale.