In this era of email, texting, and social media, joining a Chamber of Commerce may seem like an outdated business strategy idea. I would beg to differ. Membership in a local chamber offers numerous benefits, and keeps business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends within their community and local marketplace. Not only that, but research shows that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if it’s a member of their local chamber of commerce.
Here’s what membership in the Madison County Chamber of Commerce can do for YOU:
- Credibility. You can increase positive perception of your business among consumers when you’re identified as a member of a chamber of commerce. When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community and is an industry leader.
- Visibility. As a member, we promote you through our madisoncounty.com website, through our newsletter and Facebook page, and offer advertising and sponsorship opportunities for community events.
- Networking. We offer numerous committees and opportunities to network with businesses and prospects in the community who are in need of your services. Come to our popular Friday morning Chamber Coffee! It’s a great way to network and get your name out there!
- Communication. Our weekly “Chamber Chat” newsletter provides member information, tips for business owners, articles about local events, details about chamber-sponsored activities, and an opportunity to promote YOUR business event.
- Referrals. Every day, we receive calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors. The Madison County Chamber of Commerce ONLY refers member businesses to these callers.
- Resources. We offer a free-of-charge meeting space, member address labels, copying and fax services, and a centralized place to display your business cards and brochures.
- Contacts. Our most basic mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The Chamber of Commerce initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting with local professionals than any other Madison county organization.
- Access. Membership has its privileges! Member-to-member discounts and special offers are encouraged and supported! Who wouldn’t love an opportunity to save money?
- Publicity. We love to celebrate our members’ success! We can help spread the word through our Facebook page, newsletter, and Twitter feed giving you a bigger audience that will hear about your business.
- Leadership. Most consumers think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. If a company shows that it’s highly involved in its local chamber (e.g., sits on the chamber board), consumers are more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
If you’re interested in membership, call our office at 515-462-5705, or stop in at 73 Jefferson Street in Winterset. We’d be glad to introduce you to the benefits of membership!