Have you taken a look at the Chamber’s new website? Last month we launched an updated version of www.MadisonCounty.com. Here are my favorite things about our new website:
• A scrolling “upcoming events” ticker. Want to know what’s going on in our community? Take a look at the events, then click on one and read all about it. Do you have a community event that you’d like to advertise? Send it in. Click on the events tab, scroll down to the events calendar, then click on “submit a new event.” Add all pertinent information, submit it to us, and it will appear on the calendar following approval.
• Easy-to-find information about the history and cultural significance of Madison County. We know that our community enjoys strong ties to history and are aware of the attention and spotlight that our world-famous covered bridges have brought. The new website offers a great way for visitors to get a virtual look at us, read about our covered bridges and whet their appetites for planning a visit.
• Better exposure for our Chamber members. If you’re looking for local resources who can offer particular services, then our new business directory fits the bill. You can look at particular categories and see all of our Chamber members who offer that service. Click on a business, and you’ll get a brief description, hours of operation, contact information and direct links to their websites and/or Facebook pages.
• Online photo galleries. Want to see our membership in action? Take a look at the photo galleries and get photo recaps of our annual dinner, ribbon cuttings, Friday Chamber Coffees, and Business After Hours. We have a vibrant, active Chamber membership, and the photo galleries are a great way to showcase that. See pictures from the Winterset Wine Walk and Chamber Golf Outing as well under the “events” tab.
• Online membership forms. Have you thought about joining the Chamber of Commerce, but didn’t want to come into our office or chase down paperwork? Problem solved! You can go straight to the “Join the Chamber” page, fill in your information, and it’s handled. We announce our new members in our weekly newsletter “Chamber Chat,” as well as on our official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Coming very soon is an online store which will allow us to take merchandise orders for everything from T-shirts and mugs to posters and Covered Bridge Festival coins. We’re excited to add this service and are working to build our inventory of items.
So, set this magazine aside, race to your computer, find www.MadisonCounty.com and check us out.