LearningExpress is one of the Perry Public Library’s online electronic resources available 24/7 through the library’s website at www.perry.lib.ia.us. On our homepage, click on Library Services Online Anytime & Anyplace. You will be led to the following listing of electronic resources available to you with your library card number. Click on Take Me There to access your desired information destination.
• A to Z Maps Online, View maps from around the world.
• A to Z the USA. Find information about all U.S. states and territories.
• EBSCOhost Databases. Find information from magazines and newspapers.
• Freegal. Download MP3 songs, up to three each week.
• Global Road Warrior. Find information for business travelers.
• Learning Express. Take a practice test for the ACT, ASVAB, civil service, cosmetology, real estate, EMS, GED, GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, citizenship and more.
• WILBOR. Download eBooks and audiobooks to your computer or portable device
We are pleased to announce that LearningExpress has updated its tutorials available for elementary, middle and high school students. The new resources include:
New School Center
Starting in August, you’ll see a new School Center. It is organized and aligned to the Common Core State Standards and includes many new resources and features. Resources will continue to be added in the coming months.
New practice tests and tutorials
There are new practice tests and tutorials in the High School Equivalency Center for the HiSET(r) and TASC test, plus new practice tests and an introductory tutorial for the Spanish-language version of the 2014 GED(r) test.
New eBooks and flash reviews
Our library of downloadable eBooks continues to grow, with new titles in almost every center and flash reviews for nursing assistant/nurse aide, pharmacy technician and TOEFL iBT(r).
New computer tutorials
We’ve added PowerPoint 2013 courses for basic, intermediate and advanced levels, and a PowerPoint 2013: What’s New tutorial. This extends the collection of Microsoft Office 2013 products (Word, Access, Project and Excel) for libraries that have computer skills and popular software tutorials. We are also removing older versions of Microsoft Office products.
Perry Public Library
1101 Willis Ave. • 465-3569
Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon. – Thur.: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.