(Ames, IA) The well-attended, ‘pop up’, European-style market, which made its Ames debut last December, will return to Ames on April 26th, 2014.
The Lucky Star Market is a one-day shopping experience, with no admission fee, that features vendors selling hand-made crafts, jewelry, clothing, vintage goods, art and more. New to Lucky Star’s ‘Spring Market’ will be outdoor tents, and, an additional selection of new vendors, bringing the total to as many as 60 vendors.
Lucky Star Market is organized by Jody Bergan Bennett and hosted by the Prairie Moon Winery & Vineyards in Ames.
The Lucky Star Market will also be bringing back a wonderful, unique opportunity for young artists, crafters, creators and collectors to showcase and sell their work at the Lucky Star Spring Market on April 26th!
The Lucky Star Market’s “Rising Stars” Program. There are 4 spots open for this opportunity.
To apply to be a “Rising Star”, you must be:
· · Age 18 or younger
· · Have your own art, handmade craft or re-purposed creations (a number of them to sell and display) made by YOU!
· · Have a name for your “business”
· · Be ready to interact with the public
· · Have a support system; parent, grandparent, family member and/or mentor along with you for the day (or 1/2 day)
· · Send your name, email, parent’s name(s), phone number and picture(s) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st.
· · Email Lucky Star Market with any questions at email@example.com
· Lucky Star’s “Rising Stars” will have their very own booth area (which will be offered free of charge) and will include a 4 foot x 2 foot area and chairs (if needed).
This portion of the market will be juried – just like the Lucky Star Spring Market is; “we will again be watching for creative, well-crafted products conceived-of/created-by children.” said Bennett.
Jody Bergan Bennett, organizer of The Lucky Star Market, added this about the “Rising Stars” program: “This (“Rising Stars”) is not about perfection, or a ‘mini-me’ approach to art & craft/etc., but rather, the beauty of watching a child conceptualize, develop, and market their goods and in so doing, begin to ‘stumble upon’ their own unique brand within that process. While ‘coaching’ is fine, please, encourage applicants to ‘get lost in the magic’ of the process and do their own work! This is a celebration of children’s work, so please, make sure the ideas they develop are completely their own! We were blown away by the talent at the Holiday market, so, we are really excited to keep this part of our market going and growing.“
The Lucky Star Market’s ‘Rising Stars’ program is sponsored by The Fighting Burrito (locations in Ames & Des Moines).
The Lucky Star Spring Market is sponsored by: Professional Home Ames, The Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau, Party Time, Ignite Yoga, Jennings Real Estate Team, JB Knacker and Prairie Moon Winery & Vineyards.
The Lucky Star Market is considered a ‘sister market’ to the highly-acclaimed Horseshoe Craft & Flea Market in Denver, Colorado which is organized by Bennett’s sister (and Ames native) Amy Bergan Yetman.