A: March 17 – 23 is Wellderly Week — a week dedicated to celebrating seniors who are young at heart. Exercise is important for your physical health, but staying active is just as important for your mental and emotional health. Staying active can be fun. Here are some examples:
• Take a class. Find a cooking or art class at your local community center.
• Give back. Volunteer at a local organization such as the humane society, hospitals, boys and girls clubs, etc.
• Exercise. This does not have to be a vigorous workout. Gardening, walking or line dancing all count as exercise.
Oakwood Care Center wants to help you stay healthy and active. We will be hosting a number of activities during Wellderly Week. Anybody is welcome to attend all events; RSVP is preferred to ensure adequate supplies are available.
• Monday, March 17: Coffee Club, 9 – 10:30 a.m.
• Tuesday, March, 18: Low-impact exercise,10 – 10:45 a.m.
• Wednesday, March 19: Kid’s Music Program. (Bring your kids or grandkids.) 3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
• Thursday, March 20: Business After Hours, 4:30 – 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, March 21: Art Therapy, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
For more information about the week’s events or to RSVP, please contact Michelle Anderson at 641-357-5244 or email email@example.com.
Information provided by Michelle Anderson, marketing coordinator, Oakwood Care Center, 400 Highway 18 West, Clear Lake, 641-357-5244.