March brings the beginning of spring. It’s the time of year where we begin to think about warmer weather and look forward to getting outside.
As usual, there are many things going on in Appanoose County this year, and we have been getting lots of phone calls at the office regarding dates of summer events. I thought this month would be a good time to list some of the bigger events that will be occurring between now and Pancake Day. For a more complete schedule of events with more detail about events, you can check out our website at www.centervilleia.com.
• Friday Trolley Tours. May – September. Every Friday at 1:30 p.m., leaving the historic courthouse square.
• Off the Square Community Theatre. Six productions this season.
• Annual Music Festival. May 22 – 24 Unionville, Iowa.
• Farmer’s Market. June – October. Every Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. on the Levee.
• Crappie Masters Fishing Tournament at Rathbun Lake, May 31.
• Centerville Municipal Band Concerts. May 29 – July 3, 7:30 p.m.
• Centerville Wine Festival. June 14, Historic Courthouse District.
• Children’s Fine Arts Festival. June 28, Historic Courthouse District.
• Relay for Life of Appanoose County, June 28.
• July 4, Fireworks displays in Exline, Moravia and other Appanoose County communities at dusk.
• Appanoose County Fair, July 21 – 26, Fairgrounds, Centerville.
• Ridiculous Days, July 24 – 26. City-wide sidewalk sales in Centerville
• Rathbun Lake Summer Bash, Aug. 2 – 3.
• Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Aug. 2.
• Moravia Fall Festival, Labor Day weekend.
• Moulton Jamboree, Sept. 4 – 6.
• Friday Night Live, Sept. 26.
• Pancake Day, Sept. 27. Theme: Honoring our Hometown Heroes.
Feel free to submit events for publication on the website. Everyone, not just Chamber Members, can submit events to the calendar of events.
Centerville Chamber of Commerce, 128 N. 12th St., Centerville, 641-437-4102, www.centervilleia.com.