Many of you who know me may not know that I began my career as a high school economics teacher. I also taught U.S. government, but economics was my first love in teaching. Maybe that is why I want to make sure my clients are educated.
I still get much joy when I look into a person’s eyes and see that “light of understanding” illuminate from them. However, I still remember the “deer in the headlights look” from teenagers who are staring at me with disdain and wondering why they have to know about the laws of supply and demand or what a dividend yield is. By the way, the deer in the headlights look is the same whether you are 16 or 60 years old. Although I have never seen it on my face, my wife tells me I have that look sometimes.
So in order to make a more knowledgeable investor class, I have a website that is loaded with information that may help answer questions you may have about various financial topics.
The website is www.planwithtim.com. (There are people I have known for more than 20 years, who still can’t spell my last name, so I purposely left it out of the address.)
In www.planwithtim.com there is a learning center. In the learning center there are:
• Interesting articles and newsletters.
• Calculators that will compute a savings goal or analyze different loan scenarios.
• Videos about risk, retirement income, taxes and life insurance. Make sure you watch the video about the “Latte Habit.”
• A tax library. This library has tax forms, tax publications, and the federal tax rates, as well as a federal tax calendar, a tax glossary and tax wise strategies.
• In the Market Watch section, you can get stock quotes, look at a stock chart and see if the markets are up or down during the day. It will also tell you what stocks are the winners and losers of the day.
Most people would agree that education is important, and except for the adults who already know everything, most of us are life-long learners. So I encourage you to learn more about financial matters, and if my website can help along the way, then please, be my guest at www.planwithtim.com.
Investment Centers of America, Inc. (ICA), member FINRA/SIPC and a Registered Investment Advisor, is not affiliated with Home State Bank. Securities, advisory services and insurance products offered through ICA and affiliated insurance agencies are *not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government agency *not a deposit or other obligation of, or guaranteed by any bank or their affiliates *subject to risks including the possible loss of principal amount invested. ICA does not give tax advice.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and CFP® in the U.S.
Information provided by Timothy J. Heisterkamp, CFP®, Investment Centers of America, 115 W. State St. Jefferson; 515-386-2570.