The Bondurant Community Library is here to provide the community and surrounding rural Polk County with its information and entertainment needs.
Check out the Bondurant Community Library’s website at www.bondurant.lib.ia.us, and you will be amazed at the amount of information, databases and services available to all.
The TumbleBookLibrary is one of the newest additions to the website, and the library staff if very excited to offer this collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV, which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, and Tumble Puzzles and Games. Tumblebooks are a great resource for beginning readers and children who just like to be read to. There are many titles to choose from and the database is easy to use and fun. Simply go to the library’s website, www.bondurant.lib.ia.us, and click on the Tumblebooks icon on the home page. No need to log in with your Bondurant Community Library Card; the fun will begin by simply clicking on the Tumblebook icon. This great learning experience will keep toddlers through middle school students engaged and going from one book to another. For more information on Tumblebooks, don’t hesitate to call the library at 515-967-4790.
Upcoming events to be held at the library are:
• Weekly preschool story hours every Tuesday and Wednesday from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
• Xbox & WII Gaming from 4 – 6 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 23. Fifth grade and up.
• Floam Stamp Crafts, Monday Jan. 27 at 2:30 p.m. For students in kindergarten and older.
• Board Games and Popcorn, Monday, Feb. 03, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Candyland, Battleship, checkers, Jenga and more.
• Xbox and Wii Gaming, Thursday, Feb 20, 4 – 6 p.m.
• Movie Day, Monday, Feb 10, 2:30 – 4 p.m. “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs,” rated PG.
• Bingo, Monday, Feb 17, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
• Valentine Craft, Monday, Feb 24, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Make and take pom pom craft.
Board of trustees
Library board of trustees meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. and are open to all.
All programs are free of charge and open to all abilities.