How exciting to open a new year’s calendar and think about the endless possibilities which can fill a page — all the pleasures and challenges that will come with a new slate. This is the time of year when you can take control of the direction you are headed. It’s a balancing act; so remember that embracing fun throughout the journey will lead you to success and satisfaction.
Your membership in the Clive Chamber can be that new calendar. Make time to visit fellow Chamber businesses this year, attend breakfasts, lunches, After Hours, ribbon cuttings, the annual event, Wild West Golf Shoot Out and regional events. Broaden your landscapes while you engage in great networking; volunteer for a special committee to further the experience and plan to expand your horizon. Our great Chamber is full of a variety of people and businesses — get to know them all.
I look forward to an enriching experience as I step into the role of presidency for our Chamber. Please help me succeed by being a vital part of our programs Catch the energy I plan to throw at you.
Thank you to our outgoing president, Greg Bendinger, for his leadership in 2013 and much luck to him as he pursues becoming an intelligence officer with the Des Moines Air National Guard.
Here are the upcoming events:
• Business After Hours/City of Clive Open House: Jan. 22 – 5 – 7 p.m., special events building, Clive Aquatic Center, 1801 N.W. 114th St., Clive.
• AM Connection, Feb. 4, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Massage Heights Lakepointe Center, 13435 University Ave., Clive
• Annual Celebration, Feb. 18, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Woodlands Creek Clubhouse, 12675 Woodlands Parkway, Clive.
• Membership Luncheon, March 6, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Topic: “What’s Your Genius,” William Penn University, 1275 N.W. 128th St., Clive.
• Business After Hours, March 25, 4:30 6 p.m., In the Bag Corporate Cuisine, 79 University Ave., Des Moines.
• AM Connection, April 1, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m., Luana Savings Bank, 16390 Holcomb Court, Clive.