Many of the library’s online resources can be accessed from your home or anywhere if you have access to the Internet. Below is a list of resources you can access from anywhere. You’ll need your library card and a PIN. If you don’t know your PIN, call (515-465-3569) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have us reset it for you.
• A to Z Maps Online: View maps from around the world.
• A to Z the USA: Find information about all U.S. states and territories.
• EBSCOhost Databases: Find information from magazines and newspapers.
• Freegal: Download MP3 songs, up to three each week.
• Global Road Warrior: Find information for business travelers.
• Learning Express: Take a practice test for the ACT, ASVAB, civil service, cosmetology, real estate, EMS, GED, GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, citizenship and more.
• WILBOR: Download eBooks and audiobooks to your computer or portable device.
LearningExpress Library is a collection of interactive online classes providing the most comprehensive selection of career and academic resources available to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. More than a database, LearningExpress Library can help jumpstart careers and education. The classes are arranged in Centers
• Adult Learning Center: Preparing students and adult learners for success — in school, on the job and in life
• Career Center: The fast track to getting hired and workforce skills helping people develop the skills they need to land jobs.
• GED Prep: Preparing for the GED exam.
• College Prep: Preparing for ACT and SAT exams.
• Rescurso Para Hispanoblantes: Courses in Spanish to help immigrants succeed includes becoming a U.S. Citizen, GED prep, improving reading, writing, and math skills.
• Computer Skills Center: Getting started with computers is now easier and more accessible than ever. Also, helping people navigate and excel in today’s information age.
• College Center: Mastering the writing process for academic success
• School Center: Mastering the writing and reading skills for success in high school and middle school.
Perry Public Library
1101 Willis Ave. • 465-3569
Hours: Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon. – Thur.: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.