December 1, 2013, ADEL, IOWA – The Dallas County Foundation (DCF) is pleased to announce that Bob and Jane Sturgeon of Urbandale have pledged a $10,000 matching grant that will match dollar for dollar all new donations received in 2013, up to $10,000.
To date, the Foundation has accepted over $3000 in new donations that meet the match requirements. All donations are tax deductible and most will qualify for a 25% Endow Iowa Tax Credit. For example, a $100 donation will cost approximately $40 after federal deductibility and the Endow Iowa Tax Credit. DCF Board Members are available to explain the program, contacts are listed on the DCF website at www.dallascountyfoundation.org OR call Scott Cirksena at (515) 556-4326 for more information.
The DCF grants have helped fund community projects such as the Raccoon River Valley Bike Trail, projects at the Perry and Waukee libraries, and athletic fields in Van Meter and Granger. For a full listing please visit the website.
Since its inception, the DCF has awarded over $633,000 to nearly 132 immediate impact community betterment projects in Dallas County. The next grant cycle will be announced in the early first quarter of 2014.
2013 Dallas County Foundation Approved Grant Applications
- Adel DeSoto Arts Boosters Club; Purchase stage boxes and audio equipment for school auditorium. $5,000
- Adel DeSoto Minburn Community School District; Update playground equipment. $8,000
- Adel Lions Club; Purchase vision screening digital camera for child screening. $5,000
- Adel Public Library Foundation; Purchase materials to produce daycare outreach kits for patrons. $1,500
- The Brenton Arboretum; Dallas Center, Navigational signage for stormwater project. $3,200
- Dallas Center Roy R. Estle Memorial Library; Electronic community activity sign. $9,000
- DeSoto Police Department; Purchase new computer. $1,200
- DeSoto United Methodist Church; Purchase safety equipment for city emergency shelter. $3,200
- DeSoto Public Library; Purchase Computer Systems. $2,000
- AHeinz57 Pet Rescue and Transport; DeSoto, Facility improvement. $6,700
- Dexter Community Foundation/City Park; Construct new restrooms. $7,500
- City of Granger Parks and Recreation Board; Phase 4 of Community Center. $2,500
- Grimes Public Library; Purchase I-pads for technology lab. $1,000
- Dr. Eugene R. Brady Library – Perry High School; Update hard-cover book collection. $2,500
- Perry Volunteer Fire Department; Purchase equipment for emergency ATV. $5,383.55
- Dallas County Hospital Foundation – Perry; Create in-door walking trail for patients. $1,000
- Redfield Lions Club; Electronic message board. $9,000
- Waukee Area Christian Free Clinic; Computer and software. $2,500
- Waukee Area Arts Council; Computer and printer equipment. $1,250
- WDM Fire Department; New weather siren in Dallas County. $8,000
- WDM Police Department; Funds to purchase a medicine return/drug collection. $1,500
- WDM Public Works Dept; Install remote access control equipment at 4 Dallas County speed zone flasher units. $4,160
- Woodward Police Department; New electronic control device. $500