A: Every year the holiday season can be a stressful event with all the preparation of cleaning, cooking, organizing, shopping, making travel plans, etc. It is important to relax and enjoy the holiday season instead of stressing over the small details. “Woman’s Day” magazine has some great tips on how to reduce stress during the holidays.
• Make a change. Pick a task that is undesirable to you, and change the way you do it or recruit some help from family or friends.
• Be satisfied with “good enough.” Bigger and better will always lead to more stress eventually.
• Know when to say “no.” Focus your energy on a few main events that are important to you.
• Take advantage of timesavers. It is okay to order a side dish or dessert from the local deli or bakery.
• Stick with the tried and true. A holiday gathering is not the time to experiment with new recipes.
• Hold on to daily rituals. Allow yourself time to read for 30 minutes before bed or go to the gym in the morning if that is part of your daily routine.
For a complete list of holiday stress relieving tips, visit www.womansday.com/life/holidays/29-Tips-Towards-A-Stress-Free-Holiday, contact Michelle Anderson at 641-357-5244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by Michelle Anderson, marketing coordinator, Oakwood Care Center, 400 Highway 18 West, Clear Lake, 641-357-5244.