As the year end begins to come to a close, it is time to wrap up this year’s business and look forward to next.
What a great year it has been at the Johnston Chamber of Commerce. The Johnston Chamber is a great group of business people, living and working and enjoying all that this city has to offer. It has been my honor to represent our membership and serve as the Johnston Chamber president.
First thing to wrap up is the remaining events on the calendar. We have one more Business After Hours and Breakfast Before Business in December. Please check the Johnston Chamber website or Heather’s weekly email, for dates, times and locations.
Below you will find a list of all that the Chamber accomplished in 2013:
• Hosted 11 Breakfast Before Business events.
• Hosted 10 Business after hours events.
• Hosted nine monthly Chamber luncheons.
• Welcomed 36 new members.
• Held 10 ribbon cuttings.
• Held another successful Educator Appreciation event at Camp Dodge.
• Held another successful Green Days event, despite the wet weather. (Yes, it did rain during part of the year.)
• Held another great golf outing, on a great sunny day.
I would like to finish the year off by saying thank you, thank you, thank you, to all of the hard working and supportive members of the Johnston Chamber. A special thank to the Chamber Board of Directors, who have helped with decision making and guidance throughout the year, as well as to Heather Goodwin, our Chamber executive director. Her hard work, time and effort were instrumental at all the events.
I want to wish a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to the entire Johnston Community. Please join us in 2014 for another great year with the Johnston Chamber.