Grimes Public Library’s new automation system will ‘go live’ November 14!
Over the next few weeks, the Grimes Public Library will be undergoing some significant changes.
The Library has purchased a new circulation system that in the long run will provide many great benefits to library cardholders, including:
· Keeping a reading history (only if you choose).
· Receiving new item alerts by email.
· Paying fines online and donating to the library online (will take a few extra weeks)
· Sharing titles with your Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking accounts.
· Creating and saving title lists.
· Easily limiting and sorting searches by type of material, publication date, and audience.
· Managing your account, including setting up a username and password so you don’t have to remember your library card number.
· Students doing research or homework can have the system automatically format a bibliography of selected items in the format of their choice.
While we are transitioning from one catalog to another, some services will be limited. The library catalog will be offline starting November 11 through November 14.
While the library is ‘offline’:
· You can check out materials, but you will have to have your library card with you. We will not have access to the database to look up names.
· We will not be able to place or fill holds.
· You will not be able to access your account information in the library or remotely.
We apologize for the inconvenience these limitations may cause. The new system will be worth the wait. We are excited to ‘roll it out’ for you!
We will have more information, such as an address to log on to for the online catalog, and how to access and manage your account as we receive the information. Currently, our items are being transferred to the new database, and that always causes conflict! We shall get there and it will be worth it!
If you have any questions, please call us at 986-3551.
Thank you for your patience.