Back-to-school time always puts a smile on my face. Mainly because there is more activity in the morning around our house, meaning I’m not the only one who is starting the day off early. It also means that the summer is almost over, and you have to question, where did the time go?
To recap the summer, the Chamber held the following events with great success.
• Educator Appreciation Event was held in May at Camp Dodge. It was a packed house with more than 500 attendees, and 100 prizes and gifts were handed out. We also honored several staff members who were retiring and the Teacher of the Year. It was a great event.
• Green Days was held in June again this year. Does anyone remember how much rain we had back in June? Well, Green Days was a little soggy for the evening events, but we still had a lot of fun and were able to even make a little money to donate back to the community. This event is always full of fun and some surprises.
• Chamber Golf Outing was held out at TCI in August. Participants had a good time, and it was a nice networking opportunity to wrap up the summer. We had more than 100 golfers and 20-plus sponsors for this year’s event. A big thank you to Lithia Motors for being our title sponsor for this year’s gold outing.
Many of our biggest events for the year are behind us, and we know the fall is full of a lot of school activities, concerts and football games. Yet the activities for the Johnston Chamber do not stop; we still have great events to show up for, like:
• Business After Hours. We have several more Business After Hours planned. Make sure to review our weekly emails for locations and time. If you are not getting our weekly emails, please call Heather at the Chamber office and she will get you added.
• Breakfast Before Business. We also have a Breakfast Before Business at Heartland AEA in September and at ChildServe in October. Make sure to review our weekly emails for locations and times in case of any changes.
• Chamber Luncheons. The Chamber Luncheon in September is at the Simpson Barn. This is a networking event, so bring your business’ promotion material and meet some new members. The October luncheon will be at Stoney Creek Inn and be on “Volunteerism.”
As always, we look forward to seeing you at one of our future events.