A: What can you do to feel better and healthier with out using medications? Medical foods are a natural way to reach your health goal and feel better. Medical foods are supplements or vitamin-dense shakes that have been medically studied to improve your weight, cholesterol, sugars and decrease pain. There are no side effects versus medications, they can help reverse conditions before medication is recommended and are available only through health practitioners.
A healthy diet including the Mediterranean Diet and Low Glycemic Index in addition to medical foods can reverse the common complaint of “I am feeling tired, unable to lose weight, but my labs say I am fine.” Do not attribute feeling poor to aging. You can age well and feel great. Medical foods are also for those who want optimum health and better results from their work outs.
Medical foods help:
• Improve the ability to lose weight.
• Improve energy and fight fatigue.
• Decrease pain and inflammation.
• Reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.
• Reduce and reversing diabetes/pre-diabetes.
• Improve hormonal balance of premenstrual and menopausal symptoms.
• Aide the body of eliminating pollutants and detoxify.
• Improve your work out and break through plateaus.
Information provided by Dr. Juliet O’Donnell, DC, Heartland Chiropractic and Wellness Center, 5521 N.W. 86th St., Johnston, 252-8668.