The five associates are:
· Melissa Buseman, RN, Program Director; Buseman resides in Ankeny
· Tanya Castillo, Direct Caregiver in The Neighborhood at Vintage Hills; Castillo resides in Ames
· Dawn Ethofer, Executive Director; Ethofer resides in Ankeny
· Samantha Johnson, Community Life Director; Johnson resides in Ames
· Stephanie Reinders, CNA, Naya for The Neighborhood at Vintage Hills; Reinders resides in Ames
To achieve their CDP certification, the practitioners attended a comprehensive educational seminar by a Certified Dementia Alzheimer’s Instructor, and also completed a rigorous application and evaluation process.
As the number of memory loss disease cases continue to rise across the state and country, there is a great necessity to insure that caregivers are well trained to provide compassionate, appropriate and direct care and support for all residents and the family,” said Sandra Stimson Executive Director of the National council of Certified Dementia Practitioners and International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
The CDP training requires renewal through health-related courses every two years.
“We are very proud to have such knowledgeable associates to offer skilled, sensitive care to individuals and their families,” said Dawn Ethofer, Executive Director of Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail. “Providing care for individuals with memory loss involves a high level of engagement, compassion and support; and having a team of five CDPs means that our community has better informed associates to provide the very best care for all of our residents.”
For more information on Vintage Hills at Prairie Trail, contact 1-515-963-4000 or visit www.watermarkcommunities.com/VintageHillsAnkeny/