Homeowners or landlords in Polk and Dallas Counties are eligible to seek funding for home repairs to enable your home to become a “lead-safe” home!
Dallas County and Polk County are participants in a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development with the goal of making homes in these areas lead-safe.
You are eligible to seek funding for home repairs to make your home lead-safe if you meet the following requirements:
· Homeowner or landlord in Polk County or Dallas County.
· Mortgage payment, utilities and taxes are all current.
· Home was constructed prior to 1978.
· No higher than 80% of Median Family Income based on total number of people in the family and income. Please see attachment for income chart.
· Must have a child under the age of 6 living in the home or have a child under the age of 6 visiting your home at least 60 hours during the year.
· A homeowner or the tenant must be willing to relocate while the repair is performed.
If you are interested or know of anyone who may be interested please contact the Polk County Health Department at 515-286-2115 or visit www.metroleadsafe.org