Do you have a major purchase on the horizon? Time to get a new car? Need new kitchen appliances? Or maybe you just want to find the best brand of ice cream at the grocery store. Do a little research first with Consumer Reports, a trusted source for consumer product reviews and rankings. At Johnston Public Library we now have four different ways for you to use Consumer Reports both from home and at the library.
- IN PRINT. Stop by the library to page through the monthly edition of Consumer Reports Magazine, Consumer Reports Yearly Buying Guide, or Consumer Reports Money Advisor Magazine.
- ONLINE AT THE LIBRARY. Swing by the research computer the next time you are at the library for free access to ConsumerReports.com, a subscription site available in the library only.
- eMAGAZINES AT HOME. Get a free digital subscription for your computer or tablet through Zinio. Zinio allows you to view full cover-to-cover issues 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort of your own home. It’s free and easy. Sign up by clicking on the Zinio icon at www.johnstonlibrary.com.
- ONLINE WITH EBSCO AT HOME. Consumer Reports can be accessed electronically from home through Johnston Public Library and EBSCO. You will need a home computer with internet access and your Johnston Library card. Then, simply follow these steps:
- Go to www.johnstonlibrary.com.
- Click the red Research Tools link on the right side of the page.
- Select Ebscohost.
- Sign in by entering the number under the barcode on your library card.
- Choose Ebscohost.
- Select Masterfile Premier.
- Select Publication button on top left.
- Type Consumer Reports in the lower entry field and click Browse.
- The easiest way to see a wide variety of product information is to browse the Consumer Reports Yearly Buying Guide.
- For access to the monthly magazine, select Consumer Reports from the Publication link, then select the year and month of desired publication. **Helpful hint – the car report is published in the April issue every year.
Let the researching begin!