I want to start off the new year by thanking Cher Brown for all of her hard work and contributions as Chamber president this past year and wish her well in her future endeavors.
I would also like to thank Cathy Jensen, our executive director, for all of her hard work, as well as Cass Edwards. I look forward to working alongside both of them in 2013.
My name is Dr. Adam Langholdt, and I am the 2013 president for the Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce. My wife Tiffany and I own Pleasant Hill Chiropractic located at 655 N.E. 56th St. Suite 600 here in Pleasant Hill. Our office is between Over The Top and Premier Bowling.
The Pleasant Hill Chamber had a great year during 2012 with Chill on the Hill, the annual golf outing and our shop local event all being huge successes. Cher has really set the bar high for me this year. I know that with the help of our members, board of directors and community, we can have an even better 2013.
It is very exciting to be starting a new year with the Chamber. We have a very enthusiastic and motivated board this year that I know will do a great job on promoting the businesses of Pleasant Hill. I know that each one of them will bring a unique perspective that will help our community, members, businesses and our city.
If you are not a member already, please call the Chamber office at 261-0466 and speak with Cathy or Cass. Here is a short list of some of the benefits we have to offer:
• Our world-famous networking lunch club held every second and fourth Thursday of each month at a local member restaurant.
• Yearly buyers guide with your business listing and/or ad (at additional cost), which is distributed, to nearly 11,000 households and fellow Chamber members.
• Affiliation with the Greater Des Moines Partnership and their resources.
• Sponsorship opportunities for community events such as Chill on the Hill.
• Weekly newsletter highlighting events and things happening within our Chamber.
• And most importantly the ability to get out and give back to the community.
Also, don’t forget our annual dinner coming up on Monday, Jan. 28 at Toad Valley Golf Course.
I am looking forward to the year ahead and can’t wait to see the exciting opportunities 2013 will present.
I wish everyone good health and prosperity in 2013.
Grow. Play. Live.