In December, the State Library of Iowa announced that the online series of courses, LearningExpress LibraryTM, will be provided for one year to all public and academic libraries in Iowa, at no charge to the libraries.
The State Legislature directed Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) to provide Iowa libraries with a workforce-related online resource. They selected LearningExpress Library. Both IWD and Iowa Library Services are very pleased with the selection of LearningExpress Library and excited about what it offers to Iowans.
LearningExpress Library is a collection of interactive online classes providing the most comprehensive selection of career and academic resources available to empower people for job preparation, career advancement, college readiness, academic success and skills mastery in math, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. More than a database, LearningExpress Library can help jumpstart careers and education.
The classes available through Learning Express are:
• LearningExpress Library: Preparing students and adult learners for success in school, on the job, and in life.
• Job and Career Accelerator: The fast track to getting hired.
• Workforce Skills for 21st Century Succes: Helping people develop the skills they need to land jobs.
• Popular Software Tutorials: Helping people navigate and excel in today’s information age.
• Computer and Internet Basics: Getting started with computers is now easier and more accessible than ever.
• College eFolio™: Mastering the writing process for academic success.
• Books and eBooks: Prepare for a brighter future with LearningExpress books, ebooks and online resources.
The Perry Public Library will have these classes available online for its patrons starting Jan. 10. With your library card you can access all of the classes from any computer via the Internet. You will be able to access LearningExpress Library at home as long as you have Internet capability and a library card. The Perry Library will have hands-on in-person tutorials about LearningExpress Library on Jan. 10 and 17 at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. and on Jan. 24 and 31 at 6:30 p.m. Please call the library to register: 465-3569.
LearningExpress Library’s unique, interactive online learning classes will provide Perry residents with the most comprehensive selection of career-oriented and academic resources available to help with job preparation, career advancement, career changes, and re-entry into the workforce.Perry Public Library
101 Willis Ave.
Hours: Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Mon. – Thur.: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.