Can you believe that you made it to 2013? Remember when 2000 seemed like a long time in the future? Well, it is a long way in the past now. Now that it is here, let’s make this great new year a wonderful year to remember, and let’s start today by making every day count.
So now that there are no festivals in January, what is going on in the Chamber this month? First, I would like to thank everyone who helped make Holiday Open House a fantastic successful event in December. I have received some very nice notes in the mail thanking the Chamber and the merchants for hosting the event. People have shared that they sometimes forget what Adel has to offer, and by attending the Holiday Open House they got a chance to get into the businesses. That reminded them what is available right here in Adel. I, too, would like to thank the Adel businesses for opening their doors, finding great recipes and preparing samples of their recipes for the many Adel visitors on evening of Dec. 7. As I strolled a few of the streets that night, I saw many excited people rushing in and out of businesses collecting recipes and eating samples while trying to corral laughing children with painted faces running down the sidewalks. All in all, it seemed to be a great evening for all.
Second, what keeps me really busy in January is membership. Our year runs from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31, so every January we send our notices to all of our members to renew their membership and send invitations to all of the new businesses and those who are not members to become members.
During the year of 2012 we had:
• Eight individuals at $75.
• 22 families at $100.
• 18 Supporting at $125 (home-based businesses);
• 10 Partner at $500 and up.
• Five Premier at $1,000 and up.
• Two Pinnacle at $3,000 and up.
• One Executive at $5,000 and up.
As of this writing, we would like to welcome back the following renewing members for 2013:
• Fuller Standard: Premier Level.
• Iowa Mini Storage: Premier Level.
• Deardorff Sweet Corn: Partner Level.
• Patrick’s Restaurant: Partner Level.
• Mutual of Omaha, Rob Burditt, Supporting Level.
• Wayne and Ann Geadelmann, Family Level.
• Ivan Knoll, Family Level.
Anyone interested in joining the Chamber, please email the Chamber at Chamber@AdelParnters.org or call (515) 993-5472.