Q: How can I reduce the stress in my life?
A: In today’s fast-paced lifestyle that most Americans live and with the holidays finishing up, we are all bombarded with stress: physical, chemical and emotional. Learning how to handle this stress will greatly help your health. Not handling and learning to cope with stress can lead you to headaches, anxiety, back pain, depression, fatigue, weight gain, insomnia and stiff neck, just to name a few. Stress accumulates on our nerves and interferes with the body’s ability to adapt. A chiropractic checkup reduces the stress on your body and improves health. Here are five ways to reduce stress.
• Healthy alignment. Make sure your actions are in alignment with your core values and make sure your body’s structure, primarily your spine, are in physical alignment. Exercise allows your body to release its accumulated tension and builds your strength and stamina.
• Nutrition. Can reduce inflammation in your body, and the proper nutrition provides the body with the ability to repair and rejuvenate itself.
• Healthy thinking allows for you to reduce frustration, create perspective and clarity to stay focused on your personal priorities.
• Healthy habits ensure you are reducing your risk of unnecessary interferences to your healthy life. These are five proven strategies to help reduce stress and keep you healthier. Our goal is to help more people become less sick. The only way we are going to get healthier is to take action. Stop talking and start doing.
Answer provided by Dr. Wesley Nyberg, Waukee Wellness & Chiropractic, 710 Alice’s Road, 978-6661.
Q: How does massage therapy benefit my chiropractic care?
A: Massage therapy is an excellent complement to chiropractic care. Tension and restriction in muscles and fascia can cause them to pull on the bones and joints they attach to, especially along the spine, contributing to pain and dysfunction. Tight muscles and fascia can also compress nerves and decrease blood and lymph circulation, further aggravating a problem area.
Massage therapy utilizes a variety of techniques to promote relaxation and to release muscular tension. This helps prepare your muscles to work with your adjustments so they are easier to accomplish and can last for a longer period of time. Massage therapy also reduces stress, improves circulation and removes waste products, helping your body be in the best state to enhance the benefits of your chiropractic treatment.
Some benefits of massage therapy with chiropractic care:
• Helps prepare the body for adjustments.
• Increases the effectiveness of treatments.
• Relieves muscle pain and tension.
• Increases mobility and flexibility to prevent future injuries.
• Promotes overall relaxation to help you be more receptive to your adjustments.
Kerkhoff Chiropractic offers you the benefits of both therapies side by side, helping you get the most of your chiropractic care.
Information provided by Dr. Paul Kerkhoff, Kerkhoff Chiropractic, 260 Highway 6, 987-4747.