The past year was full of opportunities and upstarts, uncertainty and change — I think we all understand that this is the ebb and flow of life and business, and we are prepared to embrace what the future holds.
The Altoona Area Chamber of Commerce received great feedback from our membership survey in November, and we want you to know that we listened. The upcoming year will bring more free professional development opportunities with our Business 101 sessions beginning Jan. 24, which will be a healthcare plans and programs overview. These sessions are designed for you to have real hands-on, take-away information that can be implemented in your business immediately.
We’ve added “Just the Facts,” an after-hours casual conversation with our partners from the City and Economic Development as well as regional partners like the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors staff, the Partnership and BRAVO. We want to know how Altoona can be a part of the overall regional concept and how events and happenings impact our community.
If you’ve looked through your 2013 sponsorship packet, you’ll notice that we’ve made some changes to the sponsorship levels and costs, making it easier to brand your business with any of our great events, Business Tune-ups or professional development sessions at an affordable rate.
We’ve got a great board coming on in 2013, and all are looking forward to a busy, successful year. Here’s a sneak peak at what’s up in January and February!
• Noon Networking: Jan. 8 and 22. (Went off schedule just for January — didn’t think you’d atten on New Year’s Day!) HyVee Club Room.
• Business 101: Healthcare Plans and Programs, Thursday, Jan. 24, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Altoona Public Library, featuring Joshua Stafford, Farm Bureau; Janell Rees, CL Brown & Associates and Wellmark BCBS.
• Noon Networking: Feb. 5 and 19 at HyVee Club Room.
• Legislative Coffees: Saturday Feb. 2 and March 2, – 9:30 – 11 a.m. at the Altoona Public Library.
• “Text the frontline staff, we have a customer!” presented by Charla Fox Schafer, Wednesday, Feb, 20, noon – 1:30 p.m. at Copper Creek Golf and Event Center (RSVP required; cost $15 in advance, $20 at the door). How to maintain good customer service.
• Annual Dinner: The Black and White Ball, A Masquerade, Saturday, Feb. 23, 6 p.m. at Prairie Meadows
• “Just the Facts” after hours with the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at Adventureland Inn Lounge, 5:30 p.m.
So much more! Check the Events tab on altoonachamber.org and set your calendars for a big year in the AACC.