West Des Moines, IA – Telligen’s charitable giving organization, Telligen Community Initiative, awarded $150,000 in grants to eight non-profit organizations in Iowa and Illinois for innovative health and wellness-related projects. Over the past seven years, the Telligen Community Initiative has granted over $1,100,000 to non-profit organizations.
The Telligen Community Initiative is a 501(c)(3) charitable giving organization focused on improving the health and wellness of communities in Iowa and Illinois. The Community Initiative program provides support to non-profit organizations to assist communities to establish or expand their health and wellness programs.
In Iowa, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- Des Moines Area Religious Council
- Nutrition education outreach program
- Wesley Life Community Services
- In-home community based health services
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Medical/legal partnership that provides legal aid to needy low-income Iowans
- Chrysalis Foundation
- Education-based program for improving health status, lifestyle and disease prevention
In Illinois, the 2012 grants were awarded to the following non-profit organizations:
- PCC Lake Street Family Health Center
- Providing health outcomes to the medically underserved
- Civitas Child Law Center
- Childhood lead poisoning prevention
- Metro Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force
- Community-based, breast cancer awareness and navigation program
- Community Health Center
- Access to affordable prescription medications
Any non-profit 501(c)(3) organzations in Iowa and Illinois interested in applying for future funding are invited to visit www.telligen.org/community to review eligibility requirements and learn more about the grant making process.