Wow — time flies when you’re having fun. What a fun year we’ve had in the Johnston Chamber. It has been an honor and a pleasure to serve as the Johnston Chamber President over the last year. What an outstanding opportunity to connect with so many wonderful people.
I’d like to start by reviewing a few of the Chamber’s accomplishments in 2012:
• Hosted 11 Breakfast Before Business events
• Hosted nine Business After Hours events
• Hosted nine Monthly Chamber Luncheons
• Welcomed 20 New 2012 Chamber members
• Held 13 2012 ribbon cuttings
• Successful Educator Appreciation event — one of our largest ever — hosted in the new location at Camp Dodge Freedom Center.
• Successful Green Days event, despite being held the only rainy weekend of the entire summer.
• Successful Annual Golf Outing ‚ a beautiful outing on a beautiful day
• New full-time Chamber Executive Director position — congratulations, Heather.
• All-new Johnston Chamber logo.
I’d like to finish with a final thank you to the entire 2012 Johnston Chamber Board for their time, commitment and support throughout the year — what a great team. Special thanks, recognition and a fond farewell to outgoing board members who have completed their terms: Jim Carney, part president Jolene Goodman, Lynnette Rohrs and treasurer and Green Days co-chair Jennifer Schaefer.
Happy holidays to all Johnston Chamber members along with the entire Johnston community. Please join us for upcoming 2013 Chamber events. You’ll be glad you did.