Completing a paper form, sending in a check, waiting for that to get processed…why does joining or renewing to an organization have to take so much time when we have so little to spare?
That’s why the Des Moines Downtown Chamber has created Membership Days for those wishing to renew their membership or join the Downtown Chamber for 2013. Inspired by the school registration process, but spiked with fun, members and new members can simply walk to one of the following Downtown coffee shops, receive a free cup of coffee, and get everything done right then and there.
Below is the schedule for Membership Days:
November 19th –Find us at Village Bean
Monday, November 19th – 10:00am-2:00pm
November 20th –Find us at Ritual Cafe
Tuesday, November 20th – 10:00am-2:00pm
November 21st –Find us at Java Joes
Wednesday, November 21st – 10:00am-2:00pm
What Can I Do at Membership Days?
- Get your free cup of coffee
- Put your name in a drawing for special prizes
- Nominate members for Business, Ambassador, and Citizen of the Year awards
- Add yourself and others to the weekly e-newsletter list
- Update your Member Directory Information
- Renew or complete your Membership onsite and cross it off your list of things to do
- Receive your Member window cling
- Meet the Downtown Chamber Board of Directors
- Join a Committee and discover volunteer opportunities
- Find out what events are happening in 2013
- Learn how to get the most out of your chamber membership
- Network with other new and renewing members!
It’s like taking a coffee break and doing business at the same time!
Can’t make Membership Days, but still want to renew or join? The online registration process is fast and simple, and can be found now at www.DesMoinesDowntownChamber.com.
It is important to note that Membership Days is scheduled for the week of Thanksgiving, and that is no accident. We are thankful to our members. They are the Downtown Chamber. We look forward to meeting new members and connecting them to our renewing members. Together, they make the Downtown Chamber community vibrant, interesting, and engaging.