Everyone loves a hand made gift that is made especially for them.
• E-reader Cover: There are many patterns available, and you can find one to fit any device.The one shown is called “Reader Wrap” by Atkinson Designs, and it is for a Kindle or a Nook.
• Placemats and Napkins: Stitch these in holiday fabrics for a beautiful and useful gift. Typical size for a place mat is 13” x 17” and napkins are 17” square. No pattern required forthis one.
• Tote Bag: Everyone can always use another tote bag. The deluxe version shown here has pockets around the outside and around the inside. Grommets add a decorative flair. The pattern is “My Favorite Bag” by Kati Cupcake Pattern Company.
• Purses and Organizers: There are hundreds of patterns for purses, wallets, and organizers. The organizer shown here is great to tuck into a larger bag or a suitcase. It opens up to several zippered compartments made with clear vinyl so you can see the contents. It’s great for jewelry, make-up, sewing tools, and even school supplies. The pattern is “Classmate” by Atkinson Designs.
• Snuggly Slippers: Make a pair of these slippers for every family member! The pattern, by Kwik Sew patterns contains sizes from XS Child to XL Adult. Made with cotton fabrics and micro soft fleece, they are warm, comfortable, and cute!
Additional ideas are a table topper, tree skirt, or table runner, a casserole carrier, apron and matching potholders, a nightshirt with matching pillow case, a small wallet for credit cards, a candle mat, an advent calendar, a fabric gift bag, or a tissue box cover. Your local quilt shop will have lots of ideas and patterns from which to select so get started today!