As we enter the last quarter of 2012, there are still opportunities to let your Chamber membership work for you. I’d like to review the benefits the Johnston Chamber offers to member businesses and each of their employees.
• Networking opportunities. Luncheons are just one of our monthly events. We also hold a Breakfast Before Business the second Tuesday from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. and a Business After Hours the first Thursday from 5 – 7 p.m. Each of the a.m. and p.m. events are hosted by local member businesses which provide them the opportunity to bring potential clients through their doors.
• Ribbon cuttings. Let us help welcome you into the Chamber. These provide a way to introduce and showcase your business to the Johnston community.
• Programs and speakers. Informative, relevant and educational information is presented and shared at luncheons and special forums.
• Business promotion. Host an a.m. or p.m. event, or sponsor a monthly Chamber luncheon. Chamber members are also listed in the annual Chamber directory and on the Chamber website, along with the Greater Des Moines Partnership directories. The Chamber office refers inquiries to member businesses.
• Sponsorships. Improve your business visibility by sponsoring one or more annual Chamber events such as the Annual Dinner, Educator’s Appreciation Event, Green Days, Golf Outing, and more.
• Community involvement. The Chamber supports the Johnston community by developing business/school partnerships to provide opportunities for students, scholarships and teacher recognition. It promotes Johnston as a good place to live, work and do business and encourages decisions that will ensure a strong economic base for the community. The Chamber also hosts and coordinates Johnston’s Annual Green Days festival.
• Greater Des Moines Partnership. As a Johnston Chamber member, you are also a member of the Greater Des Moines Partnership. With this you benefit from regional economic development, public policy efforts, job postings, listing in regional directories and weekly newsletters that include a listing of regional events.
If you are already a Johnston Chamber member, please make a commitment to take advantage of at least one of the member benefits before the year end. If you are not yet a Chamber member, please join us at an event before the end of the year to see what you are missing.
I encourage you to join us for upcoming Chamber events. You’ll be glad you did.